APPLEWOOD WEDDINGS FAQ
The fabulous team over at Coco Wedding Venues have put together this list of things to ask your venue, so we thought we'd go one step further and have them ready answered for you. For other great wedding planning tips, head over to their website http://cocoweddingvenues.co.uk/search-tips/
1. Is the venue licensed for Civil Ceremonies? Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to have a legal wedding outdoors. However, many couples choose to do the legal signing informally on another day and treat their woodland ceremony very much like the real deal.
2. Can the venue hold the Ceremony and Reception? Yes, we have a dedicated ceremony area and highly recommend Jan at Celebration, Ceremonies & Weddings to conduct your ceremony. Find out more about them here www.thememoryboxceremonies.co.uk
3. What local authority does the venue come under? Leeds City Council
4. What is the venue capacity for both the ceremony and dinner? We have a maximum capacity for 100 sit down guests. However, daytime numbers around 80 give more options in terms of structure, seating & layout
5. Does the venue have a specific suppliers list they would prefer you to work with? We have several highly recommended suppliers but none are set in stone.
6. How flexible is the catering to suit your wedding style? (Meze boards, sharing platters, hog roasts, BBQs. formal dining, street food?) Our in house caterer has a range of fabulous menus to choose from. They can also create a completely bespoke option just for your day. Other caterers are also available.
7. Can we provide our own alcohol/ how does the bar work? The bar and cocktail shed will be open throughout the day. Our drinks are reasonably priced in line with pub prices as opposed to hotel prices. Speak to us about providing a free bar/ bar tab for your guests. We are happy for you to provide a welcome drink/ wine on the table for your guests during the day, with a corkage fee of £8/guest. This must be finished and put away by 6pm at the latest. We take our licensing seriously and do not allow guests to bring their own alcohol, anyone doing so will be asked to leave.
8. Will your wedding be the only wedding at the venue on the day? If not, how many weddings do they hold in one day? Yes, only yours.
9. Can you hire the venue exclusively? What is the difference in cost and what extras are included? Exclusive hire Tuesday – Sunday is included as standard.
- Will there be a turnover time of rooms and where will your guests go during this time? Yes a 30 minute turnaround time before the evening reception, with guests being invited to explore the woodland, grab a drink at our Cocktail Shed, or take part in some outdoor games. In the case of bad weather, we will quickly and quietly turn around whilst your guests enjoy a drink at the bar.
- Is there a policy about children attending and at any time does the venue need to be child-free? Children are welcome all day and evening.
- Will you be able to hold a walk through on the day prior to your wedding day? Yes, the venue is yours from Tuesday so you can do this on a day to suit. Jan, our celebrant, recommends a rehearsal ceremony the day before your wedding.
- Is there ample parking for your guests? We have onsite parking for 24 cars, with no on street parking available. Therefore we suggest car sharing/ taxis/ minibus hire for your guests (most people are happy with this knowing that they’ll be drinking all day)
- What is the local transport like? There are several local taxi firms to choose from that will come down the lane to collect guests.
- Do they have an approved taxi list? Yes, our favourite is also displayed in the car park so guests can easily get their number.
- Can the venue give you an example of a wedding day timeline? Yes, you will get this in your detailed venue plan.
- What information does the venue need from your suppliers who will be working on site? Contact details, a copy of their public liability insurance, PAT testing for any equipment.
- When can you come back for a second visit? You can arrange this at any time.
- Is there accommodation for guests? If so what is the capacity? We currently offer no on-site accommodation - sorry!
- If the venue does not have accommodation then where does the venue recommend locally? There are several hotels within a few miles of the venue;
Britannia Hotel 1.6 miles away
Ramada 1.6 miles away
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa 3.2 miles away (Quote APPLEWOOD for their best rate!)
Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth 2.6 miles away
Travelodge Colton 3.2 miles away
PLANNING THE DETAILS
- Do they have an in-house wedding coordinator? Yes, included in the price.
- Are they happy for you to use an external wedding planner/stylist? Yes, we are happy to work alongside other planners/stylists.
- Does the venue allow confetti to be thrown? Biodegradable only.
- Are lit candles allowed in the venue? Yes, must be in a candle holder.
- Does the venue have a noise limiter fitted or can you turn the music all the way up? Whilst consideration for the neighbours is paramount, noise levels are high enough for a really good party with a DJ. Unfortunately there is no live amplified music allowed.
- Can you have a professional firework display at your venue? No, the poor trees!
- Are you allowed sparklers (handheld) at your wedding? Yes.
- Does the venue have landing permission (should you want to be fancy and have a helicopter whisk you away!) Sorry, they’d never get through the trees!
- Does the venue have a wet weather contingency plan? Erm, bring wellies and an umbrella? Seriously, we are an outdoor wedding venue, so you have to come with that in mind, if it isn’t glorious sunshine on your wedding day it’s not the end of the world, embrace it! We can put up canopies, extra marquees etc. to ensure your guests can use lots of the areas even if it is raining - just ask us to include this in your quote!