Look! I wrote a Blog!
Welcome to the Applewood Blog
|Posted on 21 February, 2018 at 4:35||comments (0)|
We believe that one of the unique features at Applewood Weddings Ltd is that you can truly create a fully bespoke wedding day! Whilst we have weddings week in, week out over the summer, your day will be completely different to the wedding that happened the week before and different again to weddings that are still to come. At no extra cost, you pick and choose your ceremony furniture; any style chair, bench, hay bale or a mixture of all three, you then decide if you'd like round tables, long tables, rustic or with linen for your wedding reception. Do you team them with the same style chairs from your ceremony or do you switch it up and have something different? It's your day, it's your choice! And more importantly, where are you going to house them - will it be in a glorious tepee, an impressive yurt, an elegant petal pole or celeste marquee or the somewhat underestimated box marquee?
There are many reasons why people's choices differ; personal style, practicalities of the day, number of guests and quite often - budget! In my mission to make your wedding planning easier and open, I have to be honest, whilst we adore the look of tepees and the uniqueness of a yurt, a box marquee is always the lowest cost option at either of our venues and this is just one of the reasons why we LOVE marquees!
Image: Black Cherry Events
Marquees have the most flexible space, this is perhaps the main reason that it makes them lower in price - you can have a smaller marquee but still fit in a good amount of guests, plus all areas are usable whatever the weather meaning that whether your guests are on round tables or long tables, you'll still have space for your bar, cake table and even chill out area. Being a box with perfectly formed corners means they lend themselves perfectly to tables, square bar units and gorgeous pallet seating like this from All Things Borrowed.
In any structure, long tables provide a more relaxed feel and also more space for guests, whilst round tables create a more formal atmosphere but can make conversation easier around the table, and they both look equally at home inside a marquee. Our marquees come fully lined, with brand new plain carpet and lighting of your choice, making it very easy to transform the space into a reception venue that completely matches your style.
Photo: LJC Photography
Marquees are also pretty weather proof, just ask anyone that visited our Autumn wedding fair during Storm Brian, they withstand the wind and rain whilst still being warm and cosy inside. You can have hot air discreetly blown into the area without taking up any precious space, and because there are very little openings for it to escape, they can be kept at a constant temperature.
They are a complete blank canvas, no colours or predetermined style to contend with means you can really make them your own. They are bright and have large windows to bring in the natural light.
Photo: LJC Photography
Cake: Debbie Gillespie Cake Design.
They're also a really great entertaining space, once you've made it your own with styling and personal touches, add a DJ and some lighting and it really does become a party atmosphere with plenty of room for your extra evening guests!
Still not convinced that they're for you or do you still crave something a little more unique? No-one can argue with how spectacular this clear marquee looked in our woodland last summer. The exact same frame work, flooring, lighting and furniture but with completely transparent walls and ceiling, giving this marquee a huge 'WOW' factor.
Photo: A Little Picture Photography
Maybe the elegant 'Ritz in the Woodland' isn't right for you, you're wanting to stick with the rustic style wedding in the woods, then you definitely need to be considering the new Barn Marquee. It is brand new for 2018 and looks absolutely wonderful. It is completely unique and we can't wait to have it up at either of our venues. You can see it in person on Sunday 15th April at Beacon Hill Farm, Wakefield - we'll be going along for a nosey too!
Photo: Black Cherry Events
So there you have it, all the reasons why we love marquees and why you should love them too! (Especially if it means you can get your dream venue within budget!) There's so many options!
If you have any questions or would like to start your marquee wedding planning with us, please drop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for reading,
Our marquee supplier: Black Cherry Events
|Posted on 22 January, 2018 at 5:35||comments (0)|
As promised here is our second Blog post with lots of lovely recommendations!
I have made a point of not entering industry awards since we started partly because they cost to enter and as a brand new business it wasn't spending I could justify but mainly because in the majority they are popularity based, as in the winners are chosen purely on number of votes. It doesn't matter who those votees are, it could be your great Aunt Mabel or people you went to high school with, they need no prior knowledge of your business and certainly don't have to have been cutomers and I don't feel that it represents your hard work but rather only shows how many people you have on social media that can be bothered to help out.
The Wedding Industry Awards are different, I spotted them on social media and having read more about it agreed with their philosophy that only your actual customers can vote for you. I decided to go for it, because if nothing else, we got access to all the voters comments, which after our first full wedding season would be the perfect tool for self evaluation and much needed for the constant improvement we are always working on.
We were SHORTLISTED!!
After asking our lovely 2017 couples to votes for us, they didn't let me down, every single couple voted for us getting us to the Regional Finals in the 'Best Countryside Venue' category. Damien and I went along for a lovely evening of celebration and networking and though we didn't win on the night, it was really great to be a part of it!
The National Finals took place last week in London and a huge congratulations not only to the wonderful, deserved winners, but also to everyone who made it there, there really are some incredible businesses in the wedding industry!
Now the awards are over for the year, the best part for us has arrived - getting to see our scores and getting to read lots of lovely comments, which I'm very proud to share with you.
Vote Question Score out of 10
Flexibility and range of options at your wedding venue. 10
Quality of expertise, advice and guidance received from this supplier. 9.8
Quality of the function rooms/areas you used for your wedding. 9.8
Efficiency and personal presentation of the venue staff. 9.9
Quality of the customer service and communication received. 9.8
Quality of your wedding venue's web presence (web site, facebook etc). 9.9
Value for money. 9.8
WOW - WEE!!
A huge THANK YOU to all our couples that took the time to vote for us and to also leave some of these wonderful comments:
"The flexibility the venue offers you is something that gives this magical setting its unique selling point. We created a magical Ritz in the Woodland theme which blew away our guests. With the support of the venue owners and our wedding dressers they created our perfect day! Anyone that doesn't like the restrictions of a hotel or other bricks and mortar venues this is the perfect solution for you, let your imagination run wild and watch it come to life! Simply outstanding!"
"The best venue going. To have a wedding day without worry, stress or anxiety is priceless and that's what you get with Nicola and her team."
"Best decision we ever made was choosing Applewood. The venue is truly spectacular even without dressing anything. Nicola organises all the important stuff, which leaves you to organise all the fun stuff which makes your wedding truly unique. Our wedding day went perfectly, not one thing was less than brilliant. The staff, timings, food, marquee and outdoor spaces were all perfect and well thought out. I couldn't ask anymore from a venue. "
"Nicola and all the staff at Applewood made sure our day was perfect. Nicola took time to get to know us and understand what we wanted, that transpired into what was a magical day that was exactly how we imagined. We felt like our wedding had been planned by our friends. Nicola was on hand all day to make sure everything went as it planned, nothing was too much trouble and she even took the time to make sure we got to our hotel at the end of the night. We couldnt have wished for any more."
"Applewood and it's team gave us the most beautiful day to remember. Nicola and Damien are stunning, as were the team helping out on the day. The venue itself gives you the most perfect woodland backdrop, why anyone would want to get married anywhere else after seeing it and meeting Nicola is beyond me."
"When looking for our wedding venue, Ben and I wanted something special, different and fun. We got all of that and more with Applewood Weddings. From start to finish Nicola and Damien were fantastic; helpful, accommodating and made planning our wedding stress free. The venue speaks for itself. It is beautiful and open to the interpretation and personal stamp of each couple. We could not have asked for a more perfect venue."
"Applewood provided exactly what we had hoped for. They created a magical experience for us and all our guests. The set up had a fantastic 'wow' factor, and this was supplemented by the attention to detail, the quality of service both before the event and during the evening. Nicola and Damien have created a company that is going places and we owe them our heartfelt thanks for making our wedding a real day to remember."
"Nicola was incredibly supportive throughout one of the most nerve racking times of our lives. The planning was made incredibly easy as Nicola took complete control of organising and taking a lead in organising all suppliers and entertainment."
"Value for money and the freedom to create our perfect day with next to no restrictions with regards to theme and decoration. Many venues across Yorkshire couldn't accommodate the size of our wedding party and the woodland created a beautiful intimate environment whilst still having enough room for our wedding breakfast to feel spacious and open."
"It's truly one of a kind. We wanted an outdoor festival wedding and this reminded us of going into the woods at festival number 6. It's fun, outdoors and looks beautiful even when it's completely bare. Once the venue had our personal touches and the fairy lights on, it was incredible. It basically sums up all of those Pinterest boards you save wishing your wedding looked like that."
That is just a handful of the wonderful words of recommendation and they've made a snotty, poorly, woman extremely happy this morning!!
Thanks for reading,
|Posted on 16 January, 2018 at 14:25||comments (0)|
Welcome to our brand new Blog!
I have fought off writing a Blog for a little while now, not because I don't have anything to say, more that sometimes I have too much to say. However, after last year's wedding season, I feel that we have too much to shout about to put it off any longer! So here goes...
After a wonderful first wedding season in 2016 we accelerated progress just a little, jumping from the five weddings we hosted in 2016 to NINETEEN weddings in 2017. I am aware that compared to some more traditional venues that host weddings all year round, have several weddings a week or sometimes even several per day, (urgh!) this doesn't seem that many, however, for a venue that is dictated to a little by the seasons, that insists that couples don't share their day with anyone else and also believes that weddings can be spread over a few days, it's a pretty impressive feat. All those weddings were fabulous, from start to finish, and we're so grateful that those couples chose our venues for their day, here's a few reasons why YOU should choose us too.
1. We only host one wedding per week at each venue, this means that it's all about you as a couple and at any given time the only people on site will either be a member of staff or somebody that you know.
2. Due to this, it means that you can have access to the venue up to four days before your wedding day. There's no rushing around the day before or morning of your wedding. You can begin setting up and styling the venue, bringing your ideas to life. (Reason no.3 we have no strict rules on decorating, as long as we can get it down again, you can put it up or set it out, so hang that chandelier, throw flowers EVERYWHERE, do YOUR thing!)
4. We only host a limited amount of weddings per year and whilst this can sometimes be frustrating in terms of availability, it does also mean that you're one of a few, our wedding days are not a carbon copy of hundreds of others, they're unique and personal.
We love unique. From dinosaur ring bearers to viking re-enactments, from dance offs to silent discos. We LOVE it all!
5. Our weddings are the epitome of 'your wedding, your way', you decide the day, the time, the running of the day and all the bits inbetween. Don't fancy a first dance? Then don't have one. Want a ten tier cake hanging from a tree? Then have one. Only want the people there that you actually like? Then do just that. Everything is changeable, we are as flexible as possible and we actively encourage you to do things 'your way.'
6. You're free to spend more time on wonderfully fun ideas because our weddings are stress free. Things can and do go wrong when wedding planning, especially when thinking outside the box with an outdoor wedding day; furniture doesn't show up, caterers are late, suppliers are of poor quality. These are all the things you'd have to worry about IF you didn't come to us, but having us dealing with all that is included in the price.
7. We reduce the stress for ourselves in some of these areas by using suppliers that we know and love. It isn't (and never has been) about the cost, the suppliers we choose to work with are excellent at what they do, they always provide a high standard of service and they never let us down. This is just one reason why we don't allow couples to use their own marquee supplier for example, if we don't know that comapny or we have never worked with them before, then we cannot possibly guarantee the high standard of wedding day that we want to. We wouldn't risk our reputation and most definitely wouldn't risk your day.
Speaking of costs, it's pretty common knowledge that weddings are expensive and it's true, they are (I know that someone always knows someone, who's friend's auntie got married for £500 and it was 'theee BEST day' but realistically it rarely happens that way!) However, this doesn't mean that you can't spend wisely.
8. We are open and honest about all of our costs, they're right here on this website, our packages start at £3495 (for a completely bespoke day!!) up to £12,650 (I know that's a lot of money) but there are TWENTY price options in between those prices, so that you can pick the right one that suits your day and budget.
9. Once you've chosen the right venue package for you, there are no sky high prices on top of this, our most expensive in-house caterer is £18.50pp and our largest drinks package is £24.50pp - and that's any five drinks per guest by the way.
10. There are no hidden costs, you pay the price that you see on our price guide, meaning that you're in full control all the way through your wedding planning and we don't require the balance paying until four weeks before your day.
Wedding days at either of our venues are relaxed, fun, celebrations of love. There is little to no formality and no expectation for you to be anything other than yourselves. We run a well organised team who all have a desire to say 'Yes!', it is often commented on that we have a refreshing attitude within the wedding industry.
11. Included in the price is your dedicated wedding planner, always on the end of an email to help with any questions, to make recommendations and to give advice wherever needed. You also get Damien at your disposal; from building video booths to making chandeliers light up the woodland, he can bring any idea to life for you.
12. Feedback from our couples ranges from 'the best day of our lives,' 'everything was absolutely perfect' to 'it felt like it had been organised by our best friends.' Every wedding day has been amazing and comments from couples, families and friends reiterates this. (Check back next week for our next Blog sharing all our feedback!)
Still not convinced?
13. We were shortlisted for 'Best Countryside Venue in Yorkshire' in The Wedding Industry Awards.
14. We have been nominated for 'Independent Business of the Year' in the Yorkshire Choice Awards.
15. We are regularly featured on wedding blogs and in wedding magazines, including being named in the top SIX 'Boho Venues' in the country (in the COUNTRY!)
16. Suppliers love us! We have had more than one couple that have received discounts from their photographer or even a free videographer included because they'd love to come shoot a wedding here.
We'd love to meet you, viewings are encouraged, we are taking bookings up to 2020 and the fact that we are filling up dates so quickly means we're doing something right ;-)
Phew! That's it, I hope you find that helpful...
Thanks for reading,