The fabulous team over at Coco Wedding Venues have put together this list of things to ask your venue, so we thought we'd go one step further and have them ready answered for you. For other great wedding planning tips, head over to their website http://cocoweddingvenues.co.uk/search-tips/ (Photo credit: Lianne Gray Photography)
1. Is the venue licensed for Civil Ceremonies? Unfortunately, we are not currently a licensed venue. However, many couples choose to do the legal signing informally on another day and treat their Blossom ceremony very much like the real deal.
2. Can the venue hold the Ceremony and Reception? Yes.
3. What local authority does the venue come under? Kirklees Council
4. What is the venue capacity for both the ceremony and dinner? Barn - 60 seated guests. Up to 200 in tepees/yurts/marquees.
5. Does the venue have a specific suppliers list they would prefer you to work with? We have several highly recommended suppliers but none are set in stone.
6. How flexible is the catering to suit your wedding style? (Meze boards, sharing platters, hog roasts, BBQs. formal dining, street food?) Our in house caterer has a range of fabulous menus to choose from. They can also create a completely bespoke option just for your day. Other caterers are also available.
7. Can we provide our own alcohol/ how does the bar work? The bar will be open throughout the day. Our drinks are reasonably priced in line with pub prices as opposed to hotel prices. Speak to us about providing a free bar/ bar tab for your guests. We are happy for you to provide a welcome drink/ wine on the table for your guests during the day, with a corkage fee of £/guest. This must be finished and put away by 6pm at the latest. We take our licensing seriously and do not allow guests to bring their own alcohol, anyone doing so will be asked to leave. 10
8. Will your wedding be the only wedding at the venue on the day? If not, how many weddings do they hold in one day? Yes, only yours.
9. Can you hire the venue exclusively? What is the difference in cost and what extras are included? Exclusive hire is included as standard.
- Will there be a turnover time of rooms and where will your guests go during this time? Yes a 30 minute turnaround time before the evening reception, with guests being invited to explore the outdoor area, grab a drink or take part in some outdoor games. In the case of bad weather, we will quickly and quietly turn around whilst your guests enjoy a drink at the bar.
- Is there a policy about children attending and at any time does the venue need to be child-free? Children are welcome all day and evening.
- Is there ample parking for your guests? We have onsite parking for 30 cars, with no on street parking available. Therefore we suggest car sharing/ taxis/ minibus hire for your guests (most people are happy with this knowing that they’ll be drinking all day.)
- Can the venue give you an example of a wedding day timeline? Yes, you will get this in your detailed venue plan.
- What information does the venue need from your suppliers who will be working on site? Contact details, a copy of their public liability insurance, PAT testing for any equipment.
- Is there accommodation for guests? If so what is the capacity? Set up your own glamping village for up to 40 guests!
PLANNING THE DETAILS
- Do they have an in-house wedding coordinator? Yes, included in the price.
- Are they happy for you to use an external wedding planner/stylist? Yes, we are happy to work alongside other planners/stylists.
- Does the venue allow confetti to be thrown? Biodegradable only.
- Are lit candles allowed in the venue? Yes, must be in a candle holder.
- Does the venue have a noise limiter fitted or can you turn the music all the way up? Whilst consideration for the neighbours is paramount, noise levels are high enough for a really good party. Live bands are allowed.
- Are you allowed sparklers (handheld) at your wedding? Yes